Sleep all...sleep all day!!!

Musings of a Somnambulist Nocturnal

Monday, April 18, 2005

 

A Very Long Blog Entry

Dahil wala halos akong entry sa Blog ko...

In a span of two weeks, three of my closest work buddies have all moved on to pursue other interests. Two of my teammates were offered better positions in their respective firms and it's a tough challenge for me to take over the market that they passionately built over the years. But, I'm happy that things go well for the Northeast Asian region (my market), and day by day we learn a lot of country specs about Japan and Korea. Two gucci bags additional team members will soon join the team.

International relocation is quite interesting because there's a whole lot to learn about the company, the clients, and the culture. It was even exciting to meet global clients and partners face to face. The other week, the team had a chance to meet with the external suppliers coming from Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines and Japan. What's more exciting is the team will set off for Japan by the second week of May to meet our relocation partners and clients in Kobe. Seeing the beauty of the Sakura in Kyoto is an added bonus.

******
Last Thursday, after a hearty "Farewell" lunch at Oody's Greenbelt for Mich (who's now with Standard Chartered Bank), workmates started yakking about this impending disaster to hit the metro as the clock struck 5. Honestly, some concerned workmates call to evacuate the building at least minutes before 5 was very disturbing it really affected my productivity during the afternoon. It was paranoia!!! I spent some minutes to meditate and calm myself. I felt better after. I could not explain what the feeling was minutes before 5. A work colleague had her own countdown (amusing if I think about it now), and discreetly, everyone was very mindful of every passing second. I didn't go out of the building, though. Thank God, we didn't feel the earth shake.

******
I finally saw Rivermaya's video "You'll Be Safe Here." The music deserves a just as enchanting video (very good art direction!). This band consistently showcases the imaginative genius legitimately attributed to one true artist.

******
Moony will bring the house down tonight. "Dove" is one of my all-time favorite house music. I won't be partying with fellow house music lovers, all for the love of my friends whom I'll be spending the night KTV-ing with. ~~~ Erratum: The event happens on Saturday, March 23 at Club Halo, Makati.

******
Nothing beats the feeling of an after-workout high. I had a good one at Gold's last night when only few other members were there to do some muscle twitching. Due to my work schedule, I could not attend the Yoga classes that I'd regularly attend at Arena (the gym I went to last year). Hope I could attend one next week.

******
How about some dose of 90s pop music…

Do you remember…

Chumbawamba – the famous one-hit wonder who gave us “Tubthumping,” the only lines of which I can only recall now are “Kissing the night away…Kissing the night away…” hmmm…how about some “Danny Boy…Danny Boy…Danny Boy…” hehe! I don’t even remember how their members looked like.

Aqua- cartoon animation put to life. The infectious “Barbie Girl” simply got every Little Miss Philippines contestant into dancing. Very nearly all variety shows on noontime television had their own “Barbie Girl” dance mania, I just couldn’t put up with it! But to be fair with them, well…I surely liked two of their songs. These are the just as contagious “Dr. Jones” and the not so Aqua-tic “Turn Back Time” (from the original motion picture soundtrack of “Sliding Doors.”)

Los Del Rio – I heard from a friend who said people who’d frequent public parks in the US (that was circa 1996) were most likely to dance the “Macarena” once played. Man, this was surely a craze!!!

All Saints – The all-girl British pop-act that gave us the groovy “I Know Where It’s At,” as well as the Gospel-style and vocals-rich “Never, Ever” plus the 90s house-meets-R&B remake of 70s disco diva Patti LaBelle’s chart-topper “Lady Marmalade”…When everybody else in high school was just going crazy over the Spice Girl’s bubble gum pop, chunky platforms, and color-crazy outfits, I was (on the sly) chillin’ and dancin’ out to their soulful and funky beats. 1998 was their biggest year earning them two Brit Awards. It took them about two years to come up with a sultry single. “Black Coffee” was always part of my playlist.

Spice Girls – “Girl Power” was their slogan. The girls got their biggest blow when Geri took on a solo flight just when girl power was at its height of conquering new galaxies. Well they had back-to-back number one singles and uhm…‘nuff said!

Hanson – “Mmm…bop” just reminds me of my high school MTV Hitlist addiction. The first time I saw the video I was surprised that 3 young boys were singing (they really sounded like girls). I dunno, everyone else in school seemed a fan of Hanson. I wasn’t a fan but their music to me was pleasant.

The Cranberries – Fell in love with this band when I was in 5th grade. “Zombie” and “Ode To My Family” were definitely a smash! I still remember those summer afternoons when I’d play the tunes on the piano and then some friends would sing along. Talk about those good times =)

The Cardigans – Another Scandinavian pop-rock act whose contributions to international music include the ever-popular “Love Fool” and those great tracks from their 1998 Gran Turismo album. “My Favorite Game” and “Erase and Rewind” were surely great cuts to remember them by.

Mike Luis – then was this ultimate LSS! I’d never fail to hear his song play on the radio on my every single jeepney ride. So kaka talaga!!!

<<<<@@@@>>>>@@@@<<<<@@@@>>>>@@@@<<<<@@@@>>>>
Well, I have a lot of good and bad music moments from the past. Few really good acts were Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Smash Mouth, Oasis, Marcy Playground, Benfolds Five, Our Lady Peace, Lisa Loeb, Babyface, Sun Valley Crew, etc…and a few bad ones that I won’t mention anymore.
In a good way, my music preference has changed over the years. I surely have matured and for the past couple of years, world and chill out music have, to some degree, defined my personality – simply eclectic and laid back. =)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]