Sleep all...sleep all day!!!

Musings of a Somnambulist Nocturnal

Sunday, July 03, 2005

 

In The BEDroom...

It had been like five years since I witnessed the Malate night life (those happening at the Nakpil and Adriatico Streets). Yes, my dear friends that was where I went last Friday night, with two very close high school friends, Arlo and Ken. When we got there, I wasn't surprised that Old Malate, where the most happening street parties were, was not as crowded. Obviously because higher-end Eastwood, Greenbelt, and The Fort create a lot of competition as far as catering a good nightlife to the urban party animal is concerned. up:gucci handbags

But one thing that sets it out from the rest is that events in this area are the craziest. I got a chance to see a very diverse crowd as we cruised from the Remedios Circle to Nakpil and Orosa (geesh, these are the more popular streets. We passed by little alleys, the names of which I don't even remember.) So we went bar hopping and just danced and boozed the night away. We went to Fluid which is more of a Hip Hop/R&B dance club. We were "body-bumping" with some pretty lasses (so chicker.haha!!!) - most were very young U-Belters. But Arlo was freaking bored with (for obvious reasons) no gay people around. hahaha! So he waited for about a quarter of an hour before we left the dance floor, said farewell to the Bling Bling music (which neither was I nor any of my friends was digging) and headed for, nowhere else, but BED!!!

For "target market reasons" (to coin an officemate), I never went to BED. But since all the clubbing and the boozing was on Arlo, I told him, "Alright, I'll go to BED (the club ha...) with you." And also, he convinced me that regardless of the crowd, BED had, without doubt, the best club music in the area that even all his other straight friends would agree.

We got in around 3:30. It was packed with queer folks of all sizes and shapes (obvious ba?). Nevertheless, Arlo was right. They play the best House and techno music!!! Almost everyone was in his best get-up - typical clubbing scene. So nagmukha na naman akong basura! (I remember walking out of Peligro because I felt the business casual attire was so out of place..hehe!) Arlo and Ken seem to frequent the place with some friends from the other circle. I told them to go dance while I, purposely acting like a lemon grass growing from the cracks on a wall, just chilled out at the bar. After having just a couple of Strong Ice, I suddenly felt that everything around me was spinning. Well, may be because I was stressed and never rested for more than 5 hours over the past nights and the drinking that followed wasn't right. So by then, I had to lean against the bar because I was losing my balance. I guess few Pranayama Yoga sessions paid off because it only took me few deep breaths to regain control of my senses.

To my expectant friends, no spectacular event happened (and nope di po ako nagpa-convert). Except that few guys would unexceptionally hit on me. At first some would come near and just stare, while others quite absurdly blurt out their so used up pick-up lines. One interesting encounter was with this soon-to-be barrister who looked very decent and smart. He bluntly said that he liked me, but I also had to be perceptively upfont in saying that we didn't have the same "target market." Then he said he'd like to hang out with straight men. So there was doggedness!!! haha! After a few exchange of individual bio-data, I told him that his friends could be looking for him so he'd better go back to the dance floor. He had this impression that I was shooing him. So sabi ko, "Ah hindi naman. Sige okay lang if you want to just stay and talk." So he stayed for about 20 more minutes, told his chronicles in law school and some personal stuff until his friends called him up and told him they'd got to be going. It was an interesting encounter, though. I can't believe that some, like this guy, tend to be very persistent. So occasionally I ask myself why should they even try catching a gray mudfish when they have all the gleaming kois in the pond for harvest? (Ay di pala parang tilapia for harvest ang kois. Care to suggest a better term? ehehehe!). Ganun talaga siguro...

I had one really crazy night in Malate. I guess the best thing about this place is that one can simply let loose without people judging him/her. Regardless of race, religion, political affiliation, or sexual preference, people will surely find this place perfect to embrace diversity. I guess neither Greenbelt nor any place can surpass what the Old Malate has offered in this regard.

The sun was up when we left the place. I asked Ken if we could pass by the Malate Church. So inside, I offered a short prayer for having survived the stressful week that was. Ken and I had breakfast without Arlo (He left earlier without us knowing it.) and I got home at 9am.

After a warm bath, I don my usual comfy clothes and retreated to my own BED. I slept soundly like I didn't suffer from Insomnia. I finally got back to my senses past 10 pm. Thank Heavens for a restful slumber. =)

Comments:
hahaha! mejo nagtagal kami kse di ako makadecide kung gusto ko mag-CR dun. hahaha! =)

Syet, di ko na inintindi basta nood na lang ako ng fish sa aquarium. Pero paglabas ko, meron talagang nangta-tap sa kung saan-saang parte ng katawan ko, so exit na lang ako agad. hehehe!

yeah, blame it to the Music!!! =) Pero ganda talaga. =)
 
So occasionally I ask myself why should they even try catching a gray mudfish when they have all the gleaming kois in the pond for harvest?

Pa-humble effect pa 'to! :p

Good catch ka kaya! NAAAAKKKSSS!!!

libre ko ha!
 
so, kinaya mong mag party ng hanggang 9am samantalang ako di mo sinasamahan ng hanggang ganung timeeeee! and hinde tayo nagma Malate!!! hmpph

*hikbi*

miss u na
 
Fria - di nga...hehe!!! =) at kailangan meron suhol...hehe!!!

Nicky - magselos ba...=)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]