Sleep all...sleep all day!!!

Musings of a Somnambulist Nocturnal

Sunday, July 24, 2005

 

Saturday Slow Down

Saturday morning was devoted to the Saturday CDC day-care project with UP ECOSOC. It was fun to see those kids from Pook Ricarte. There were quite few we recognized since most of the kids we played games, watched Disney films, had story-telling sessions, and go to educational trips with are in their early teens. And I couldn't believe that it has been years!!!
up:gucci bags

Every so often, I think about how we mature without even noticing the years that passed. My kind of lifestyle has made me oblivious of the present. I am determined, ambitious, and positive, but subconsciuosly, I think am paranoid. During meditation, I realize how I dwell too much in the future. So I admit that I need to slow down, get back to my senses, and simply take pleasure in the present.

Yesterday's activity was a good diversion. Not only did I hark back to the good old days when problems revolve around exams and term paper/project deadlines, but for at least a moment in time, I resigned as a seriously frazzled adult (not minding work, credit card bills, Atkins Diet, and the latest political mess).

We cheered, we played games, we...oh sure, they danced, we built a structure out of plastic bottles, we shared stories, and so on. These kids taught us to value our simple sources of joy - little things that keep us mentally, physically, and emotionally stable.

Great thoughts to mull over and sublime lessons to live by...I suddenly feel the need to do more of these activities. =)

---

Thanks Paloys and Rose for the great company. Salamat din kay Japhet, RJ, Jackie, Joycee, and Rose sa pagsama sa Little Quiapo. At long last, natikman ko na rin ang Fiesta Halo-halo!!! =) Hanggang sa uulitin! =)


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]