Sleep all...sleep all day!!!

Musings of a Somnambulist Nocturnal

Friday, July 08, 2005

 

Sorry griping workmates...

I've been working in my company for exactly one year and 4 months, yet people ask what the nature of my current job is. Well, I've been involved in a lot of HR work, in particular, managing the relocation of international assignees and their families to Asia. Comparing it to the service support / business transformation outsourcing industry standards, the job is not as financially rewarding (I think). And surely, thoughts of looking for a much greener pasture have hit my mind, especially when I hear of work colleagues getting offered a better position and compensation by a direct competitor. up:gucci handbags

Notwithstanding the lesser financial perks due to the region-wide cost-cutting measures, I still consider the prospect of growing professionally within the firm. I know the daily vocation will do me good in the long run, so I think there's still some good sense to patiently wait for such opportunity.

There certainly are times when I get really strained with the processes to be initiated and issues to be resolved, but I feel good whenever I get commended for the littlest of my initiatives. A couple of months ago, the company sent me to Japan (the market I'm handling) to personally meet with our clients and partners. It was fulfilling to hear words of appreciation from people whose transfer (in spite of the physical, mental, and emotional crosses that their families had to bear with the move) I smoothly managed over the past months. I spent great times in getting personal with them, their spouses, and kids. International Relations has never been this fun. =)

Our senior released the survey results for last month's customer satisfaction survey . It was my first time to be included in the list and be rated by an external client. So until now, I am still euphoric about getting cited as a Customer Satisfaction Winner. This is one of the few good reasons why I've stayed for this long. I guess I needed some proof that I am really contributing to the business.

Now, I don't have immediate plans to look for more fertile grounds. Sorry griping workmates, but I am determined to stay longer. =)

Weekend na!!! Yehey!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]