Sleep all...sleep all day!!!

Musings of a Somnambulist Nocturnal

Saturday, July 30, 2005

 

Weekend Thang!!!

I've been really tamad updating my blog the past few days, so quickie lang to...

1. I know it's kind of late to comment about the SONA, but the last one was the most anticipated at least for the last 18 years??? I agree that power must be given to the countryside as this, ideally, will bring about the progress needed in most rural areas. The question now is whether or not the mechanisms to transition to federalism will work given all these political and economic constraints that the government and us, the citizens, face. Too bad I am not an expert to properly weigh the costs and benefits of such proposal. Examining it on the surface, spending hundreds of billions of pesos may not be good to our country's fiscal standing at the present Nevertheless, if the long term benefits outweigh the short term costs, I'm certainly for it.

In the interim, the government must pay special attention to these three investments/policy changes necessary for national progress:

1. Increased public spending in building infrastructure (extending to special economic zones in the countryside)
2. Higher budget allocation to improving the public basic education system (special emphasis must be given to the teaching of Math and Sciences)
3. A public health-oriented state policy/legislation on birth control

Well, just my two cents worth...

***
CK, an old friend from college who goes to law school at the same university, invited me for dinner last Wednesday. At last!!! We were like planning this forever and after months of waiting it finally pushed through. We met at Galeria around 7pm and had dinner at Cafe Mediterranean. Masarap naman. I'm a sucker for Eurasian cusine. So yun, great conversation over dinner. I was glad nobody brought up the GMA-impeachment/resignation issue or else I'd lose appetite.

Great, great night. God knows the many juicy secrets I have told CK. haha! =) But it was surely worth it. =)

***
I'm overjoyed that it's the weekend. Time to lay back and read and sound trip. Well I guess mine kicked off last night when I finally got time to hit Gold's. I had a great destressing workout as I released all my work-related worries. Awkward moment though when I saw a friend (not so close) from high school...well, neither of us had the initiative to approach the other so I pretended as if I didn't recognize him. I wished the whole time we wouldn't bump into each other inside the locker room, or else, syet...another awkaward moment!

Anyway, (ibang topic) as I was fixing my not so manageable wavy hair when I noticed the now-blonde Yaparazzi doing his rituals infront of the mirrors. Man, I couldn't count the number of products he'd take out of his "Kikoy" kit, at di ko na rin malaman kung para saang parte ng katawan nya yung bawat botelya at tube...Amusing...classic metrosexual! hehe!

***
Nabanggit na lang din how good this weekend should be, here's a great read I'd like to share with everyone... By the way, LIVE AIDS na mamaya!!! =)

A Credit Check on Your Balance
by Catherine Pulsifer

When we go to the bank for a loan they look at our debt ratio by calculating how much we spend on housing, how much we spend using credit cards, etc. Depending on the percentages (and of course, by our credit rating) they agree or don't agree to lend us the money we requested.

If you were to take one week and calculate your percentage for:
- Time spent at work;
- Time spent with your family and friends;
- Time spent improving yourself (whether by taking a course or reading a book, etc.);
- Time spent relaxing;
- Time spent sleeping;

what would your ratio be? Would you say you had a balanced life?

To keep our credit in good standing, we need to ensure we keep an eye on the percentages of where our money is being allocated. If we don't do this, we could end up with not being able to borrow money. The same principle applies to our time. Are we allocating our time in the right percentages? At times, it is difficult to keep a proper balance in our lives. But, over time, an improper balance will lead to problems such as:

up:gucci handbags
- too much time at work leads to burn out;
- too much time with family and friends can cause anxiety with your work;
- too much time improving yourself will leave little time to apply what you have learned;
- too much time relaxing can lead to issues with your work; and,
- too much time sleeping can cause all kinds of problems!

I could flip everyone one of these points and comment instead on "not enough time". But, I think you understand what I am driving at. It is balance; we need it. The sad part is that some people pay more attention to their credit than they do to their own balance in life!

Stop and assess your ratio.
Do you have a life balance?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]