Sleep all...sleep all day!!!

Musings of a Somnambulist Nocturnal

Monday, August 15, 2005

 

Of Weekends and Impulsiveness

I hate it, hate it, hate it!!! I can't believe the home PC needs fixing again. I was attempting to log on to YM early Friday morning when, all of a sudden, it just froze. Restarting didn't do any help as only 17 inches of nothing came into my view. Darn it! That made me fidgety over the weekend when I had to postpone all my plans to back up those important files and perform a hard disk clean up. Worse was that I felt extremely far away from my friends' reach. Weekends are the only time when, not minding work, I can freely explore the cyberspace, know about new intelligent stuff, and read other people's blogs. So such astonishing incident made my 2-day off unimaginably incomplete. Argghh!!!

To describe my feeling last Saturday, I was friggin' BORED to the core! I would have gone out during the day, albeit the skies weren't showing good signs that the rainstorm would soon stop. That gave me all of the time to read Sedaris' "Dress Your Family...", though, and it was a great consolation reading all those touching and hilarious episodes of his youth. =) Few hours after, I got tired reading. I badly needed some activity to perk me up, so with good sensual pleasure, I played with my instrument (hehehe!). up:gucci bags

The auditory nerves reacted to how badly the impromptu music sounded on the piano, therefore I stopped and just phoned some close friends from my high school circle. It had been a while since I last shared balmy conversations with most of them, so I thought it was a perfect time that we converge at Arlo's place in UP Vill around midnight. I was glad that 80 percent of the total invited made it! =) Not bad. hehe! And so we headed for Eastwood City's ever famous "chibog-all-you-can" resto called Something Fishy. Wow, I saw all those large barracudas hanging on the walls as well as newsprint cut-outs of men showing off their barracudas (hehehe!), but no sea food was served on the buffet table. Ewan ko baka meron sa may gilid-gilid...Friends told me that they only serve breakfast buffet from 12 midnight to 10 in the morning. But at any rate, breakfast buffet for only 80 pesos was and will always be a nice treat. No other resto at Eastwood can beat that!!!

We haven't decided where else to go at 3 in the morning. As we strolled past the Blue Onion bar, Arlo proposed that we stop by for some light boozing and dancing. Okay, so we got in and predictably, friends heard of my usual "Not my crowd!" pronouncement. Minors almost filled in the spaces inside the bar so we had to stay at one corner where we could at least freely move some body parts. Music was unsavory...They mixed some R&B with radio edits of a few commonly heard house tunes, and by 4 am, the jock garnished it with Fatima Rainey's, Eric Gadd's, and Juice's...if you bought a copy of the bootleg 90s Referendum CD, you would agree how "gasgas" the music at Blue Onion was. We finally decided to leave the bar around 4:30 AM when I heard the remix of Simply Red's "Star." I somehow expected that "How Gee!" was on queue.

We got back at Arlo's place few minutes before 5AM. We slept over until past lunchtime when we all regained consciousness and had to try out (after 4 years) Lutong Bahay near the UP Post Office. Walang kapaguran, we stopped by three different places - the UP gym to watch a volleyball game match between La Salle and UST (napadaan lang!), the mall to buy a pair of undies and a handsome duffle bag, and BK for a big bite on the whopper. I set foot in our humble abode around 7 in the evening Sunday.

Haay...So that was how my not so astoundingly exciting weekend ended.

Comments:
i think YM beta has issues with XP. explains the bugs.
 
hmmm???im not sure what happened. maybe i just need an upgrade...hehe...buti na lang, brother's bringing along his CPU when he comes back in town for a week-long vacation.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]