Sleep all...sleep all day!!!

Musings of a Somnambulist Nocturnal

Thursday, September 01, 2005

 

Basang basa sa ulan!!!

It would have been a hectic day at the office, but then it turned out action-packed in the streets which made me decide not to set off for work. Shitty, coz as I hustled past the EDSA-Quezon Av intersection to catch the next southbound train, heavy rains dropped like A-bombs, devoid of any meteorological caveat. Hauling my ever-portable folding umbrella from the abyss of my full to bursting gym duffel bag needed some six hundred eighty six and a half calories. This got me 50 percent soaked right before my ever-handy shed gave me some cover. And coolness, I realized the winds traveled at about a hundred kph! So luckily, this caused my umbrella to break, leaving me with no other good option but dash to the nearest shelter. I sprinted past the pedestrian lanes uttering, “Paking syet! Paking syet! Paking syet!” (Sino bang hindi mapapamura pag tumatawid sa mga kalsada dito sa Pinas?). Great! I reached McDonald’s with my pants dripping with filth and rainwater. When I got in, I took my work-out shirt from my gym bag to sponge up. That very instant, I decided not to head for work anymore since this incident completely impaired my mood to slave out in the office.
up:gucci handbags
Hay…in times like these, I need a JUICY!

***

Kaya hayun, I just SMS’d my team that since I got rained on and was too drenched and spoiled to interact with clients, I’d take a leave. Good thing, the boss didn't mind.

As expected, the rain didn’t stop pouring for another 30 minutes, thus I chose to stay and have a full breakfast. I ordered Jasmine tea at the adjoining McCafe to calm my senses. Awa ng Diyos, na-calm naman! =)
***

At dahil wala na rin akong magagawa na di ako makapasok, I rushed to the newly-opened Bench Fix Salon at the neighborhood mall. The stylist saved the day. I think I like my new do (How narcissistic!) hehehehe!

Comments:
oh, look at those eyes...have you not been sleeping? hehehehe! =)
 
it provides contrast with the immaculately white sando..hehehe
 
that's shitty alright. getting wet when you're all dressed up. but since you took the day off, i think that made up for it. i miss the dry summer days.
 
quietus - hmmm...i never thought of the contrast...talaga? hehe.

duke - mejo, mejo. pero di pa rin talaga okay ang maligo sa ulan ng nakapang-office ka. hehehe.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]