Sleep all...sleep all day!!!

Musings of a Somnambulist Nocturnal

Friday, September 16, 2005

 

Updates! Updates!

Sorry guys, I have been hibernating for the past week due to my ever, busy schedule. up:gucci handbags

So, my daily routine totally changed on Monday morning when, instead of going to Makati, I headed for Eastwood. Yep, management relocated us to where the freshest of professionals ride the ever-rising ICT tides. The move has been quite stressful especially when you're doing day-to-day operations front and back office. I'm grateful, though, that I had managed to service my clients amidst emergency downtimes for intermittent network tests.

I don't have much complaints about the workplace in general, except that, one, the workstation dividers are glaringly flaming red orange; two, the A/C is surely turning the office into one glacial compound; and three, the floor itself looks like one big maze (there are just too many doors and hallways leading us to the pantry and the bathrooms). I'm starting to love my workstation, though, but I miss the pale blue and yellow colors of the old one. I'm certain I haven't gotten over my little heartaches of having to move out of the Makati office. It always felt like my workday wouldn't be complete without having witnessed the daily near-stampede hullabaloo at the Cubao MRT station =P. Anyway, I guess, this was just destined to happen.

***
Commencing Monday, braving the grimy streets of Cubao has become a routine. By the way, this is one place in QC that my sister would describe as "nanlilimahid" with the number of nearly condemned buildings still standing and quite a number of mendicants and drifters roaming like stray cats. Passing by the small alleys and the old COD building (now PureGold) has made me a little nostalgic. I know people my age have fond memories of the Fiesta Carnival rides, the COD Christmas displays, the well-lit Christmas tree that stood right across the Big Dome, and the festive parades of the Regal Babies (Please contact SKY, if you'd like to know who they are.) Right, there's a tinge of bitter-sweet reminiscing but I'm sure, as I brave the pollution and the traffic on a daily basis, everything shall pass.

Man, I need to find a place somewhere near the office.

***
It surprised me when another work colleague bade farewell to the team. I got this feeling that tendering one's resignation has steadily become a trend. I learned from a teammate that while he needed a career change, an offer for a job in marketing came and he accepted it. Lucky guy. I've considered either taking a career shift or going to graduate school, but I'm giving myself few more months 'til I'm finally decided.

***
I still don't know what's up for the weekend. My sister will be celebrating her 20th birthday and she's yet to decide where we can have a quiet dinner. I've plans of inviting her close friends to our place, but I doubt that I'd have the energy and the creativity to prepare for her blow-out. I'm not sure even, if her friends would willingly brave the potential heavy downpour and traffic going from Manila to Northern QC. Guess I need an Eventology 101 refresher.

***
I'm glad the work week was a breeze. Ngaks, may utang pa akong kwento about Batad...=) So even before I let pollution and traffic ruin my Friday night, I'd groove to this "Video."

Make way for India.Arie, boys and girls!!!



Music Video Codes By VideoCodeZone.com
Free Image Hosting By MySpacePhoto.com
Happy weekend everyone!!! =)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]