Sleep all...sleep all day!!!

Musings of a Somnambulist Nocturnal

Saturday, November 12, 2005

 

Hayreeetttt!!!!

I always hate it when I go back to working after a series of long holiday breaks. Hundreds of urgent and important emails flooding my Lotus inbox, a number of clients intolerantly queuing in the telephony system, and a long list of TO DOs unmarked off my organizer!

I say that the work week that ended was just horrible. I would console myself for not having too many escalated issues to address, but there were just a lot of work to do. There was a day when some teammates took an emergency leave so I had to immediately cover in their absence. From Monday to Friday, I consistently stayed in the office for 10-12 hours. I’d get home by 11PM (the earliest) or worse by 1AM!

All the work strain took its toll yesterday when, after oversleeping for 10 hours or so, I woke up feeling all worn-out and muzzy. Dreadful really, as I got up at 11AM and reach the office past 1PM. It was crazy, crazy, crazy!!! Whenever I’d spend days like these, thoughts of resigning always promptly come up up:gucci bags.

Thank God for the weekend, but I think I need more than 48 hours to recuperate from the terrible stress I had the past week. I’ve thought of getting Shiatsu massages or if the budget allows, may be a top-to-toe spa treatment. I’ve, as well, planned to hit the gym because the sauna and the steam bath are a perk, but I don’t have the energy to tow my limbs off to the gym and further punish myself by lifting those plates. But man, it’s past 5pm and I haven’t decided really on which destressing activity to spend on. Dammit!

I ultimately hate hate hate stress!!! It just sucks the juice out of my pulp!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]