Sleep all...sleep all day!!!

Musings of a Somnambulist Nocturnal

Monday, December 12, 2005

 

Toast for the Year-end

...And so we capped the year with a year-end review of the team's objectives, goals, strategies, and measures. My one-year stint serving my markets was very trying. It tested my energy and resilience as I went on with managing these employees' international relocation. It was tough, but I admit that generally, I had been productive in taking part in the daily operations and proposing transformation in our work processes. I didn't get a lot of customer service citations, but I console myself with the fact that I never worked on an RCA (Root-Cause Analysis). I always score above the SLA so I guess I'd have to thank my difficult clients who never returned their survey forms to my TLs. lol!

Friday was full-packed with the senior associates' giving brief talks on customer service, time management, and personality development (and some interesting perspective on the ENNEAGRAM).

We are the assertive type!
The team gave out awards - ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous. The ceremonies were promising as I received an award for customer service and 2 off-the-wall nominations for "Sexiest Male" and "Mr. Close Up Smile," ha! It's okay that we're a runner-up material this year, but we're heading towards THAT direction..Bwahahaha!). up:gucci bags

Ang Best In Theatrics

Ang Boss at ang "Comedy Queen" Scam (Take it..take it!!!)

After the reviews, talks, and awards, we car pooled to Makati for dinner at Fridays. We came an hour late after getting stuck in traffic as we ascend that flyover from C5 approaching the Kalayaan intersection. (Horrible accident! Man in motorcycle smashed into the backside of a 4x4, stumbled on a slippery highway, and then got run over by a ten-wheeler!!! The scene was very disturbing and it would flash back every so often...)

Our group were amongst the last to arrive at the place. Witnessing such scene was haunting, but it was already 9 and I was starving to death. After a full dinner and a little more camwhoring, we went straight to Oakwood ahead of others. I was so exhausted after a long day so I needed to get settled in for a longer and much eventful night.

Around 10, we checked in at Oakwood for our year-end bonding session. Because we came ahead of THE roommates, we prepared for the morning's Big Breakfast Challenge (two teams each given 350 pesos to prepare breakfast for a team of 23!!!). I obviously didn't have any good recipe to put in so I volunteered to peel and slice the cucumbers..hehe! I tried, at least, infront of the camera to appear very domesticated. =)






And so there was singing...


And dancing...
And drinking...

Some people went on with the boozing in the bedroom, pero bagsak na talaga ako at 3:30 AM. I took the pillows and sheets to the living room at nagpaka-YAYA na naman ako sa couch. hehehe!

Morning after, we had the Big Breakfast Challenge. At kasing fresh ng morning ang mga pipino!!! =)








Syet ang sarap! Yun lang. =)

And then we were on for the Grand charades. It was all about getting to know one another, so the game host proposed that one team let the other guess some trivia out of a team members' personal experience. It was all fun to hear revelations about someone nearly entering the Carmelites, a Miss SM Centerpoint (hahahaha!), a guy kissing another guy, and bisexual threesomes. The people's candidness was extreme!!!


By lunchtime, we went senti. We were exchanging thank you notes and writing "I like you because..." phrases on one another's shirts as sweet souvenirs for this event. It was uplifting to read words of appreciation that are mostly non-work related and very personal. This momentarily relived our EcoSoc Planning Sem days...(minus the candlelit one-on-one's...hehehe!)

After a filling lunch and some more wacky photo-ops, we called it a day. I changed clothes to look more decent in pictures, but no...they took the photos while I was away. Weh 'no ngayon?!



It was really really fun, and I think in few ways, it rekindled my passion to work with the team... Hope 2006 is even more promising.


Comments:
hello bes. kaka inggit yung oakwood thing :)!!!! shempre di ako na inggit na natraffic kayo no lol mishu
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]