Sleep all...sleep all day!!!

Musings of a Somnambulist Nocturnal

Sunday, January 15, 2006

 

Busy-busyahan...

The past week just marked the end of Holiday sloth 0506. We were back to reality…a horrid one when I had to start clearing out the clutter from my old international relocation cases before I turn them over to another teammate who shall take on my previous responsibilities.

Work’s been crazy these past few days. I never imagined that the work changeover would be this mentally taxing. There are a number of ad hoc requests for people cost projection reports across all Asian markets by a principal client so you can just imagine how hellish the past days had been for me. All markets needed their reports by end of January, but some required that we provided a partial analysis (…Just tell how could this be achievable when you don’t have all the needed data at hand?) My senior and I are lucky enough that some managers conceded to extend their deadlines after we pushed back.

On top of those, several ongoing Finance issues have been taking away our sanity and after an extensive discussion with the current accounting SPOC, I right away admitted that it would take a supernatural phenomenon to resolve all issues by Tuesday. We’re taking transparent and more constructive steps, though, little by little. My goal is to clean up 50 percent of the recurring issues by mid-Feb, and then work out the rest by mid to end of the next month. up:gucci handbags

I’ve a piece of good news, for myself and very close people at work; in spite of all the negativity we confront at the workplace. I’m set to attend a global meeting by the first week of February in Cinci, Ohio (this is 99 percent sure unless my US visa application gets rejected…wag naman sana!). This is to kick-off a project aimed at getting to the bottom of all the exceptions/findings of the 2005 global audit season by this major client. It was totally unexpected that we didn’t meet their business controls requirements, according to our seniors, so the Global and regional process owners decided to bring together representatives from each region (Americas, EMEA, and Asia) to carry out action plans to remedy these ailments on the aspect of business controls. Two of us from Manila were tasked to share Asia’s perspective. Although challenging, I consider it another grand opportunity to closely work with and learn from global and regional team leads. I worked in this business for a little less than 2 years, and I figured I’m the youngest to qualify for this global endeavor. One big break, indeed!

Now, there (turo sa taas) go my to do’s for the month. I’m contemplating how I can effectively manage my time to meet my targets. Perhaps, I’d forego a fraction of my social happenings to make way for other urgent and important matters. Haay…how I wish I didn’t’ really have to…

Comments:
hehehe. you will get your visa coz you'll be getting it with the company. goodluck!
 
sana nga. =) im scheduled to have an interview on Friday, early at 715 in the morning.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]