Sleep all...sleep all day!!!

Musings of a Somnambulist Nocturnal

Saturday, February 18, 2006

 

The week that was

Okay, so I had been hibernating for almost a week already. Surprisingly, I couldn’t exactly remember the times (though few) that I browsed other people’s personal spaces because, as always, I had been swamped with several projects and meetings in the office. For the past month, I guess my job has overstretched me, as I needed to assume multiple roles again in the close out of my work transition and in the initial phases of a major undertaking.

I didn’t go to work Monday when I had to work Sunday evening till Monday morning on some budget forecasts. This is how work has affected my weekends and worse, my sleeping patterns. I couldn’t doze off to dream land earlier than 2 AM, or if I could, I’d wake up probably after nearly a complete REM cycle (which is in about 3 hours). The nature of my job is really stressful (and I’ve started feeding myself with issues all day) but I feel lucky that we can follow flexible work schedule to compensate unpaid overtime work and to catch up on hours lost for slumber.

I was tremendously busy that I almost forgot it was Valentine’s Week. But I realized that it’s a lucky thing to be oblivious of such an overly commercialized occasion especially when I didn’t have a lover to spend it with. It was bizarre that I was devoid of any overly sentimental feeling of yearning to be with someone when in the recent years I’d get too mushy with “what might have been” thoughts. I’ve grown insensitive (on this aspect) over the past couple years, I suppose. Oh, well, I was just content to have spent Valentine’s Day with very close and just-as-happy-to-be-single workmates in a cherished treat of smoothies, crepes, and a lot of “uproarious” laughs. =)

Wednesday and Thursday, I attended a number of meetings again. I had to sneak out in between breakout sessions so I could quickly respond to flaming emails. I had no other choice but work my butt off through the night. Wednesday was the hardest when after working for days on one of the many budget forecast, I accidentally deleted a tab on my workbook and I couldn’t work my brains out to undoing the changes. It seriously cost me two hours of rework, which was simply MADNESS! I was so frustrated that at midnight, I nearly pounded my computer with my Avaya handset. I went out of the office to let off steam and then went back to my desk and worked on the file about ten minutes after. Riding on a cab at 3 am following that wearisome incident, I realized I have above average anger management skills.

Friday was strategic planning session day at Canyon Woods in Tagaytay. It has always been good to plan for the year out of office. This lets everyone think clearly of the challenges of the past year and chart the year better with well-thought strategies. Everything Tagaytay is so reviving. It was my first time to stay at Canyon Woods and the sights and sounds of nature were PRICELESS!up:gucci bags

Comments:
hey, marlon! you and carlo have a photo from Canyon Woods on my blog!
 
yo bes!!!
when u finally (which i hope is possible to happen) free, let's hit baguio. i've been raring to go since forever, but no one to go with. let's start our backpacking dream by simply going to baguio at first. we havent gone out overnight ah. puhhlleeaasseeeee

miss u loads
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]