Sleep all...sleep all day!!!

Musings of a Somnambulist Nocturnal

Thursday, March 30, 2006

 

Thankful at 24...

Yesterday was a blast! I'd been used to my birthdays' being uneventful (because it would usually fall on a Holy Week) but my day turned out very differently yesterday. up:gucci handbags

Well, people at work got me a really nice surprise. They decorated my workstation with photos of me and my closest "emotero" teammates. Then by lunch time, they surprised me with a birthday cake and why I say it was different is that I blew a candle this year. Thanks to them, I especially like the banana creamy cheesecake which was really addicting. =)

I had to leave the office at 2pm so I could make it to my sister's graduation ceremony at PICC. There were more than 800 graduates from Artlets and the ceremony lasted for more than 3 hours! I was nearly bored to death since my seat assignment was different from my parents' and I had to sit alone at the gallery. It was a big surprise that I saw Romi at the plenary hall lobby and we spent few good hours talking about friends and catching up on each other's comings and goings. We could have talked more but we were with our folks and we had different post-graduation engagements.

Amazingly, I met other familiar schoolmates from way back college and elementary days whose younger brothers and sisters were also part of the graduating batch. It just felt great talking to these people and seeing them how they matured (and finally made sense) after all these years!

Dinner with family was nice, too. I figured it had been months since we sat down together over dinner so last night was very special for the four of us. I remember when we were kids, our parents would take us to a Sunday afternoon cruise at the Manila Bay area (used to be a quite famous activity/attraction, which for some reason I didn't like much), so I guess my parents liked it that we decided to go to Harbor Square because they still find this area of the Metro one charming place. Friends from high school, who've gotten really close to my sister, also celebrated with us.

It's great that I've reconnected with a bunch of people from my past and such a wonderful encounter has kept me grounded. It was a great birthday present. =)

It was a fun, fun night! I'm grateful for my family and friends, whom I realize I cannot compromise with anything material. To all my friends who called and sms'd but I didn't get to return thankful words to, I ultimately take this chance to say I'm so blessed to have you as friends. In spite of all the constant stress and heartaches that life embitters me with, I'm still inspired to live my life to the fullest. I now pray that God blesses me with more years to celebrate life with you. Love you, guys! Take care and God bless you all!

Comments:
hapi birthday.
 
thanks doc!!! and it's been a while since I last visited your blog. =)
 
naks, minsan lang madadaan, birthday pa.
kahit di kita kilala, maligayang kaarawan na rin sa iyo. L-D
 
Gari! maraming salamat sa pagdalaw at pagbati. ano bang malay natin? napakaliit ng maynila at baka bukas makalawa, eh magkakilala na rin tayo. hehe. ingat!
 
Belated Happy Birthday Tol!! Shensa na ngayon ko lang nalaman. :)
 
Belated Happy Birthday! Magkasunod pala birthday niyo ng Mommy ko. :)
 
hey phillip and joms! maraming salamat sa pagbati! =)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]