Sleep all...sleep all day!!!

Musings of a Somnambulist Nocturnal

Sunday, April 02, 2006

 

Musings of a manic-depressive twentysomething

The weekend was a bolt from the blue for me. Amal, whom I haven’t seen for nearly a year, came over our place and I knew she had something important to discuss with me. I was right, so I called in other friends Rhea and Ken to come over as well. It was impossible to ask Tin and Arlo to join us because Tin is in China and Arlo lives quite far from our place. My friend had serious domestic issues to tell us, so even if we were upset for her letting us wait till 4 in the morning and her not making it to our supposed meeting/night-out in January, we listened very intently to her. up:gucci handbags

From amongst the 6 of us high school friends, I guess it is Amal who speaks so differently. Well, maybe because she’s become a mother at an early age of 20 and since then, doesn’t have much liberty to enjoy the seeming pleasures of her youth. I’ve grown close to her over the last ten years, but she’s the least I’ve spoken to and hung out with over the last decade. That doesn’t ever change the way I delight in our friendship, but I sometimes feel sad for knowing that in 90 percent of all occasions that I’ve had the chance to talk to her, she’s ostensibly problematic and is urgently needing everyone’s support.

The five of us surely have had “tampo” episodes with Amal, but she’s a friend and it’s even more heartbreaking should we turn her down. I just pray that sooner, she gets through all the challenges that she’s prematurely going through.

Having heard it all from Amal, we’ve thought again about the pains and pleasures of raising a family. I dunno, maybe it’s just a matter of perspective. At least for now, I have a different way of looking at things and it will surely change by the time I’ve reached that certain point.

It feels weird talking about mature issues as such. Dear Lord, I’m becoming manic-depressive!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]