Sleep all...sleep all day!!!

Musings of a Somnambulist Nocturnal

Friday, April 07, 2006

 

Some thoughts...

Though I've struggled this first quarter handling my last few international relo cases, testing our department's internal control measures, and crunching numbers for the next fiscal year's firm forecast, I'm very happy that the team has reaped a number of awards from our last town hall meeting.

Good job to the leadership and customer consulting teams for their contribution to even the raise the quality of service that SOs deliver. I guess the recognition is sweeter when we least expect it. In the end, all our hardwork and the sleepless nights, stress, and sometimes heartaches that go along, are all worth it. =)

I told friends that work has stressed me out during these first few months of taking on the Finance SPOC role, and these little tokens of appreciation matter big time to me. I remember when I was on the verge of quitting my job, I received this note from our client's global program executive congratulating me for ranking number 1 in Asia for expatriate settling-in services in the last quarterly assessment. Global and regional process owners, as well as other other bosses in the center were copied in her email, which made it, I guess, worth mentioning. I tried to be as modest and discreet to share the good news with my TL, but she was just too excited that she announced it to everyone. Well, I have received some awards over the years but I'm not used to telling the whole world about it. In high school, my parents once put out all those golds and silvers for display in the living room, but when I came home and found out, I took these out of the display counter and kept them in a box. So it's not that I crave for recognition for my job or something, it's just that when too much work takes energy and sanity away from me, I need some form of reaffirmation that there's some good value in my output. up:gucci bags

Just very recently, I've regained control of my work and I guess I'm getting better at proposing more measures to improve our processes and leading new projects within the team. Besides, for the past three weeks Ive been able to hit the gym more often and spend time doing things other than work.

I don't like to think that I am in the"eye of the storm" phase. Rather, I'm hopeful these are finally the better days that I imagined savoring few months back.

Comments:
bes!!! i know ur close to going mad already at work. but i am s proud of u! u are damn good at what u do, nevermind the stress and the tough times. the end result is always worth it. miss you :) love you
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]